onsdag 12 maj 2010

Consultants don't need vulcanoes to mess up a flight

I am writing this post sitting at Frankfurt airport. Been here for five hours and counting. The original thought was to travel with my father and brother-in-law. We were to arrive in a couple of hours: A small vacation to watch a ice-hockey world championships game which is being played in Germany. Ok, the trip is mainly about beer, but we do have tickets to the game (which is also conducive for beer, btw).

Somehow I managed to book myself on the wrong flight, instead of 3.15 pm I booked 9.15 am. Discovered it when I checked in online last night. This morning, I had messed up the alarm so I woke up (or, was woken up actually) late and had to skip breakfast and half the packing to rush balls out for the underground. This is not the first time either. Any private flight I try to catch is preceded by failing alarms, booking misunderstandings, car battery failure, crazy traffic, just bad planning, or something else. And it is always my own fault. For those who don’t know, or don’t believe it – Professionally I basically get paid to be the most structured guy in the room. Strangely enough, almost everyone I know who are structured professionally are just confusion reincarnated privately. How can this be? I don’t have the answer, so please enlighten me! Until then, I will refer all travel proposals and arrangements to my fiancé.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar